cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

marker size

hi,

I have a dashboad with many graphs. A graph can have several frameboxes.

I would like to fix the maker size for all graph, even when I use a data filer local.

what is the script for this?

best regards

10 REPLIES 10

Re: marker size

You make a global change to the marker size. Select File > Preferences > Graphs.

Françoise
Level V

Hi,

I 've already made it.

I don'understand why in the same graph, the point have not the same size but they have the same size in the details of the graph.

see the differences betwenn the black and blue point.

Other question: How to fix the form of the point?

best regardsPreferences.jpgPb image 2.jpgPb image 1.jpg

Are you using a data column in the Size drop zone?

Are you using the default row states in the data table or have you assigned different colors and markers there?

I honestly do not know what might have happened and, therefore, how to change it.

Françoise
Level V

at the beginning, the  data filter context box is selected on the year 2020.

When I add the year 2019 to 2020, JMP change the size and the form of the points while in the script, it is written size 2.

Françoise
Level V

Are you using the default row states in the data table or have you assigned different colors and markers there? No.

Françoise
Level V

Are you using a data column in the Size drop zone? No

I have no idea what might be causing the difference in the marker size. Is it possible to save the script for the Graph Builder that exhibits this behavior, and then save and upload the data table for examination?

Françoise
Level V

With the same data base but with an old script, I notice that the points were always in the right shape. So the graph has not changed.

After, I have added columns in the data base which are used to make a target and limits in the graph as variables.

I don't use column property with target and USL and LSL limits. .This allows me to have a target that I can change over time. I don't calculate the capability.

So in the end I have the main variable with 2 or 3 other variables for the target and the limits. Under these conditions, it changes the size and shape of the points when I overlap two years.

The graph is OK when I choose only one year.

Is there a solution in my conditions?

stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Françoise,

This might be a case where we need to engage technical support.

They will be better equipped to resolve this unusual scenario.

If you send an email (support@jmp.com) with a link to this discussion thread they can help out further.

cheers,

Stan