cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Maureen
Level II

is there a way to color a contour plot with a category of data?

I'm creating a contour plot with 3 groups of numerical data.  I also have categories that these different data are grouped into.  Is there any way to create a custom color scheme that follows the categories of data in the groups assigned so that I can see where the categories sit in this contour of the three numerical series?

2 REPLIES 2
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: is there a way to color a contour plot with a category of data?

If I understand your question correctly, you could split the response by the categorical factor so you have a different response column for each category.  Then when you create the contour plot for each response, you should get unique colors for each response column.

-- Cameron Willden
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: is there a way to color a contour plot with a category of data?

Maureen, I believe Cameron answered your question. If you open teh JMP sample data table Iris.jmp, there is a GraphBuilder Contour plot script that produces this graph

image.png

Below is and example of sample data LittlePond.jmp's contour plot with an added column called Sea leve, that is "Below" when z < 0 and "Above" when z >=0.

image.png