cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Maureen
Level II

is there a way to color a contour plot with a category of data?

I'm creating a contour plot with 3 groups of numerical data.  I also have categories that these different data are grouped into.  Is there any way to create a custom color scheme that follows the categories of data in the groups assigned so that I can see where the categories sit in this contour of the three numerical series?

2 REPLIES 2
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: is there a way to color a contour plot with a category of data?

If I understand your question correctly, you could split the response by the categorical factor so you have a different response column for each category.  Then when you create the contour plot for each response, you should get unique colors for each response column.

-- Cameron Willden
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: is there a way to color a contour plot with a category of data?

Maureen, I believe Cameron answered your question. If you open teh JMP sample data table Iris.jmp, there is a GraphBuilder Contour plot script that produces this graph

image.png

Below is and example of sample data LittlePond.jmp's contour plot with an added column called Sea leve, that is "Below" when z < 0 and "Above" when z >=0.

image.png