cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
medusorca
Level I

interpolate x values from a standard curve

Hello,

We have five control samples with known concentration and a quantitative assay result. Using the controls, we can draw a standard curve so that the concentration is represented on the x-axis and the quantitative assay result is on the y axis. The data is expected to be linear. I have clinical samples with quantitative assay result, but unknown concentration.  I would like to determine the concentration of the clinical samples based on the quantitative assay result.

Using the fit Y by X function, I fit a line and obtain the regression line equation. I can solve the equation for x and set a formula in jmp to solve for x.

The challenge is that for each clinical run I will have a standard curve for each fluorophore, and a new standard curve for each new clinical run. Therefore, I will have different equations and will need to write different formula to solve for x.

Is there a more automated way for me to solve for x? I have used GraphPad prism in the past (describe in this link: GraphPad - FAQ 1753 - Prism 3 -- Calculating "Unknown" Concentrations using a Standard Curve)and I would imagine that there is a more straightforward way for me to interpolate my x values with JMP. I would really appreciate a step by step procedure as I am a relatively new JMP user. Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
bwanders
Level III

Re: interpolate x values from a standard curve

Use the "nonlinear" platform under "analyze" and "modeling".

9410_pastedImage_0.png

After fitting curves, you can use the "Custom Inverse Prediction" for interpolating "x" values.

9411_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

Hello,

Inverse prediction is available is several platforms including fit model.

9425_2015-08-05_16-30-43.png

Best,

Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bwanders
Level III

Use the "nonlinear" platform under "analyze" and "modeling".

9410_pastedImage_0.png

After fitting curves, you can use the "Custom Inverse Prediction" for interpolating "x" values.

9411_pastedImage_1.png

Hello,

Inverse prediction is available is several platforms including fit model.

9425_2015-08-05_16-30-43.png

Best,

Bill