cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
agneshb
Level III

Map background image

Hi,

Starting from a blueprint image (building or site) and using the map creator addins, I'm able to create the boundaries for the buildings or rooms I want to use.

Once I use it with my data, I'm only getting the boundaries, not the background image that I started from.

I do I manage to save the background image with the boundaries??

Thanks!

Agnès

3 REPLIES 3
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Map background image

The map files only contain the polygon boundaries. You'll have to add the background image the graph manually (via drag-and-drop or a script command). Interesting idea, though -- maybe in the future the map file can contain a picture as a table property.

agneshb
Level III

Thanks Greg. I tried the drag and drop but the problem is that it's very difficult to have the boundaries matching the image (when overlapping the 2 things).

Once the map is created, there is an option to 'add a background' but the list only has some defined backgrounds (or the option to go online), isn't there a way to add more options to that list (adding files into a specific folder?).

And yes it would be a really nice thing to add, the map could be used is so many more fields than just geography ...

Thanks!

XanGregg
Staff

The list of shape files on the right-hand side is driven from Maps files but the list on the left if fixed.

Regarded the manual image placement, if you save the script to a script window, part of it will look like:

Add Image(

Set Blob(  Char To Blob( "55685eJy ... gfOrroW",  "base64compressed" ),  "png"  ),

Bounds(  Left( 53.9375 ),  Right( 69.6171875 ),  Top( 165.5 ),  Bottom( 73 )  ),

SetSize( {223, 185} )

)

The bounds are in graph coordinates and you can adjust them for precise image alignment.