cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
qspringleaf
Level III

how to use JMP to calculate Lot to Lot, Wafer to Wafer, Within wafer variation?

My question is how to use JMP to calculate Lot to Lot, Wafer to Wafer, Within wafer variation and quantify the uniformity?

for example, I have one table, in this table have column "lot", column "wafer", column "site", also includes one data column.

within same lot have 15 wafers, within same wafer have 20 sites, so the question is how to use JMP to calculate and quantify the percentage of Lot to Lot, Wafer to Wafer, Within wafer or how to show which is the major contributor, do have formula?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ThuongLe
Level IV

Re: how to use JMP to calculate Lot to Lot, Wafer to Wafer, Within wafer variation?

Can you share a subset of your table?
Thuong Le
ThuongLe
Level IV

Re: how to use JMP to calculate Lot to Lot, Wafer to Wafer, Within wafer variation?

I think you can use Variability plot and then select "Variance Components"

Untitled.png

the final report would look like this:

Capture.PNG

So give it a try!

Thuong Le
statman
Super User

There are 2 approaches to estimate variance components.  Assuming your sampling plan is nested (hierarchical) and may look like:

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 8.20.03 AM.jpg

You may use the control chart method to analyze the data.  This would start at the within wafer layer with a range chart to determine within wafer consistency (if it is stable and consistent, estimate the variance by Vww = (Rbar/d2)^2) and then compare the within wafer to the other components in the study with an Xbar chart (the control limits are a function of the within wafer variability)...if the Xbar it out-of-control, then "roll up the tree" by summarizing the within wafer data, and creating a new subgroup based on wafer-to-wafer variation, etc.  This will allow for both assessing consistency and estimating variance components.

The second way would be (as suggested) creating a Variability Chart (your components must bene set to nominal) and having JMP calculate the variance components for a nested study.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box