cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bayesfactor
Level III

how to change marker size in Graph Builder when using "size"

Untitled.pngIn using Graph Builder, I have a column that controls the marker "size", however they are all smaller than I'd like. Is there a way to change the size scale so that they all get larger by the same factor? Interactive mode is what I'm using, though scripting is fine too. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: how to change marker size in Graph Builder when using "size"

You can right click on the Size column (Col A) in the legend and select Marker Size.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pmroz
Super User

You can right click on the Size column (Col A) in the legend and select Marker Size.  

bayesfactor
Level III

This works, in my case I had to set the marker size to a custom size way larger than XXXL.

TadGhostal
Level I

@pmroz Is it possible within the scripting language to set a minimum and maximum marker size? Like, put arguments inside of

Size( :myCol, [minSize, maxSize])

within the script? I can only find size with respect to font size everywhere inside the help files. :(

Nick_PV_tech
Level II

Is there a way to make a legend (or visual scale) that shows the numeric values corresponding to each marker size? For example, in my graph below, the size is determined by the 'MW shipped' column, but the legend gives no indication of the numeric value corresponding to the marker sizes.

Nick_PV_tech_0-1681475188213.png

-Nick

dcusack
Level I

I tried this, but clicking on "size" in the legend and making the marker size bigger only works for the markers that are already visible. One category is just tiny little points, and changing the marker size does nothing for those. Why is this? How can I make that tiny size class bigger and visible?