cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
niallmarsay
Level I

how do i apply red triangle settings to all by-group analyses

I'm relatively new to JMP and feel like i must have missed something. 

I am performing a simple distribution analysis on my continuous data but I am running the analysis grouped by nominal data. 

is there a way for me to apply settings found in the red triangle to all of my grouped data such as a local data filter or synk to data table changes? 

or do I have to either do it manually for each one?

1320ce87-120d-4783-ba29-9f6d5e8e09ac.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how do i apply red triangle settings to all by-group analyses

As @jthi suggest, broadcast will work well for most red-triangle commands.  In the case of the Local Data Filter, you will get a separate filter for each level.  When you update to JMP 18, look for the changes in the Group Platform.  This adds a "group" red-triangle menu that automatically broadcasts most commands.  For features like the Data Filter and Column Switcher, you will get a single object that operates across the group.  In JMP 17.x you can get similar filter behavior through scripting:

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
New Window("shared filter",
	Data Filter Context Box(
		HListBox(
			dt << Data Filter(Local, Columns(:age)),
			VListBox(
				dt << Bivariate(X(:height),Y(:weight),By(:sex))
			)
		)
	)
);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Try holding ctrl when you click the red triangle to broadcast commands https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Tips/Broadcast-Commands-Windows/ta-p/686178

-Jarmo

As @jthi suggest, broadcast will work well for most red-triangle commands.  In the case of the Local Data Filter, you will get a separate filter for each level.  When you update to JMP 18, look for the changes in the Group Platform.  This adds a "group" red-triangle menu that automatically broadcasts most commands.  For features like the Data Filter and Column Switcher, you will get a single object that operates across the group.  In JMP 17.x you can get similar filter behavior through scripting:

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
New Window("shared filter",
	Data Filter Context Box(
		HListBox(
			dt << Data Filter(Local, Columns(:age)),
			VListBox(
				dt << Bivariate(X(:height),Y(:weight),By(:sex))
			)
		)
	)
);