cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
west
Level I

graph builder define x groups

i am using graph builder to display continuous data on x and y.  if i drag to the top (X group) i get my data in bins (levels as jmp calls them) which is what i want and i can choose how many levels to display but i need to define each level (bin)

7782_Picture2.jpg
right now graph builder chooses the bin and i cannot find how to define manually

jason

3 REPLIES 3
pmroz
Super User

Re: graph builder define x groups

There's an addin that will let you define the bins:

Interactive Binning

west
Level I

downloaded and restarted JMP and cannot find where it is located for binning from graph builder.  can you send a screen shot of one made from x vs y box plots from graph builder please

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Graph Builder doesn't have a facility for you to specify custom bins for the Group X role.

Instead, you can use the Interactive Binning add-in to create your custom bins in a new column. Then you use that column in the Group X role.

After installing the add-in you'll find the Interactive Binning command in the Add-ins menu.

-Jeff

-Jeff