cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
west
Level I

graph builder define x groups

i am using graph builder to display continuous data on x and y.  if i drag to the top (X group) i get my data in bins (levels as jmp calls them) which is what i want and i can choose how many levels to display but i need to define each level (bin)

7782_Picture2.jpg
right now graph builder chooses the bin and i cannot find how to define manually

jason

3 REPLIES 3
pmroz
Super User

Re: graph builder define x groups

There's an addin that will let you define the bins:

Interactive Binning

west
Level I

downloaded and restarted JMP and cannot find where it is located for binning from graph builder.  can you send a screen shot of one made from x vs y box plots from graph builder please

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Graph Builder doesn't have a facility for you to specify custom bins for the Group X role.

Instead, you can use the Interactive Binning add-in to create your custom bins in a new column. Then you use that column in the Group X role.

After installing the add-in you'll find the Interactive Binning command in the Add-ins menu.

-Jeff

-Jeff