cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
saitcopuroglu
Level IV

formula for "text to columns"

Hi,

I have a column with comma seperated values and by using column utilities text to column I get the column for each comma seperated value, however the dataset is growing hourl and by joining/concatenating the new data with the existing one I have to redo all the process again and again. Isn't there a formula for this (or better script)?

Many thanks in advance

9329_2015-07-28_12-41-42.png

9330_2015-07-28_12-36-50.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: formula for "text to columns"

Look at the "word" formula, for your first column you would use:

Word (1, text, ",")

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Look at the "word" formula, for your first column you would use:

Word (1, text, ",")

saitcopuroglu
Level IV

Thank you. Do you have any idea for the second table which has the command of "indicator columns"?

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

I do not understand what you are trying to do with the second table.  However, for indicator columns I would review the JMP documentation on the categorical (i.e., consumer research) platform as it has ways to work with categorical/indicator data and maybe there is something in there to help you.

saitcopuroglu
Level IV

For second table I also use "text to columns" and this time I tick "make indicator colums" but the result is not formulated by each row, have no idea about scripting it. I already checked the categorical section but hence this transformation is used for financial calculations the categorical can not compute not categorical values like "net revene"... Many thanks