cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Sandeep123
Level III

for analysis not possible in JMP

I feel like I have reached a stage where I have to do analysis which are not possible on JMP ( like doing a propensity matching, random effect for logistic regression, multiple imputation for categorical variables etc)

Even though I love JMP and will continue to use it .. I need to learn another statistical program to perform analysis which is not possible in JMP.

Since it requires quite a bit of time investment in learning a new program have been trying to explore options. Readers of this forum are probably  biased but I want to bring up for discussion.. Which would be a better program to learn for somebody who is fairly competent in JMP

SAS vs R

I have been searching online and most of the reviews are mixed although it seems like people are preferring R more than SAS. For a JMP user would there be any advantage in using SAS versus R?

3 REPLIES 3
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: for analysis not possible in JMP

One advantage I can think of is the almost seamless integration of SAS and JMP in an organization's analytics workflow and ecosystem. Yes there is a JMP to R and back kind of integration as well...but it's no where near as elegant as the JMP to SAS and back bridge. After all, JMP is a SAS product so it's designed to play very nicely with SAS for just the types of situations you describe...where SAS has analytics capabilities not found natively in JMP products.

G_M
G_M
Level III

@Sandeep123,  Have you had a chance to review this add-in Generalized Linear Mixed Model Add-in - JMP User Community?

From my perspective, JMP to R integration is very useful when I do work outside of JMP, but I do try to keep everything in the JSL file for documentation and reproducibility.  In the past I used SAS a bit, but found that R is more readily available in my field and so that governed my decision.  In my current role, I have access to SAS and find that, as Peter says, the JMP/SAS integration is very smooth.

Sandeep123
Level III

thank you. I did look at this add in. Haven't been able to work it the way I want so far...