cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AdamChoen
Level III

file open in new home page

Hi,

every time I open a new file (journal or table) its opened in a new homepage.

where can I define it?

Thanks, Adam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: file open in new home page

Adam,

Probably best that you contact JMP Support.  It might be a simple fix in preferences, but Support will be be best to help you going forward.

Bill

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Adam,

Are you opening the file of choice by double clicking on it from your desktop or a directory?  

If so, remember that JMP keeps a running list of your most recently used files in the home window.

Open JMP and then select the file or journal you want to work with from that list and your should only get the that file of choice to open and not a new home window along with it.

If you have been doing that already and get a new home window everytime you open a file then contact JMP support at support@jmp.com and let them know what you are experiencing.

HTH

AdamChoen
Level III

Hi Bill,
I'm opening using double click from directory.
In jmp 11 it was opened in the same home window.
Once I updated to jmp 12 it open in different home page.
Not every time I have the file in the recent used files.

Thanks.
Thanks, Adam

Adam,

Probably best that you contact JMP Support.  It might be a simple fix in preferences, but Support will be be best to help you going forward.

Bill

You can contact JMP support, but the real answer is to go to "windows spefic" in "preferences" and click "reset associations" button. Here is the link to the note from when I contacted JMP support myself.

https://www.jmp.com/support/notes/52/261.html

Note: I did this for JMP version 14.0.0