cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rahul_pd
Level I

extracting month and year from mm/dd/yyyy date format

Hi,

I need to extract the month and year information from Date column in format of mm/dd/yyyy to mm/yyyy so I can find the mean of turnaround time by month. Month(:Date) extract month and Year(:Date) give year of the date. But I need it both in same formula (or same column). Tried Month(:Date) || Year(:Date) worked but resulting date type - 'expression' won't allow to plot the data.

The attached table "Turnaround Time" consist of Start Dates of analysis and turnaround time (or Net workdays needed to complete the analysis).  I need to find the mean turnaround time for each month and plot it in 'Fit Y by X' format where X will month of each year and Y will be mean turnaround time for each month.

Man thanks in advance for your support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: extracting month and year from mm/dd/yyyy date format

Hi Rahul,

Have you tried using the the New Formula Column option found when right clicking on the column header.  You can highlight both columns at once and then right click to use the New Formula Column > Date Time > Month Year.  The result should look like the attached JPG.

HTH,

Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Rahul,

Have you tried using the the New Formula Column option found when right clicking on the column header.  You can highlight both columns at once and then right click to use the New Formula Column > Date Time > Month Year.  The result should look like the attached JPG.

HTH,

Bill

rahul_pd
Level I

Thank you!