cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shiro
Level I

edit spline line

Hey, 

I searched for an answer before, but I couldn't find a solution.

I have a chart and a row legend and splines, I want that by clicking on one of the legends his spline will be highlighted or will become more bold.

This option is possible only for the values dots by clicking->> Marker Selection Mode->> "Unselected Faded" inside the chart option.

I want to write a script, but I couldn't find a way to edit the fit spline of the chart (for example- when clicking on one option in the legend the color of all the splines will change except the one spline that the user choose).

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: edit spline line

My recommendation is to use GraphBuilder to create your display. By default, when the legend is selected, the group and associated elements (points, line, splines, etc.) are selected.

Try this and select F or M to see the behavior.  Of course GraphBuilder structure is a bit more complex compared to Bivariate.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
gb = dt << 
	 Graph Builder(
		Size( 534, 454 ),
		Show Control Panel( 0 ),
		Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight ), Overlay( :sex ) ),
		Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 13 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 14 ) ) )
	);

If you are using Bivariate, when you select a group, I suggest you change the selected spline to be wider (2 or 3), and change the other unselected splines to width 1 and modify the color. For example, for each color define an unselected color, such as, for medium dark blue, {0, 0, 221},  define its unselected color as  {170, 197, 253}, lighter with some graying.