Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

data normalization

optoman

Community Trekker

Apr 16, 2012

Hi All,

I'm very new to JMP. I am using 9.0.3 version.

I want to normalize my data, using one of the cells in the same data set.

Is there a function/script to do this ?

Thanks for your help,

Ozan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Ozran,

in the function editor of a column you can get built in references to many typical values of a variable by selecting "statistical" group of functions (i.e. col mean, col median, col max, col min and so on).

if you want to give a reference to a specific cell that is not the a regular parameter of a variable you need to slowly click twice in formula so it becomes a script and ad the number of the row in [].

for example, this column formula will divide each cell of the column "60 min" by the 25th cell of "90 min"

:Name("60 min") / :Name("90 min")[25]

2 REPLIES
Solution

Hi Ozran,

in the function editor of a column you can get built in references to many typical values of a variable by selecting "statistical" group of functions (i.e. col mean, col median, col max, col min and so on).

if you want to give a reference to a specific cell that is not the a regular parameter of a variable you need to slowly click twice in formula so it becomes a script and ad the number of the row in [].

for example, this column formula will divide each cell of the column "60 min" by the 25th cell of "90 min"

:Name("60 min") / :Name("90 min")[25]

optoman

Community Trekker

Apr 16, 2012

Thanks Ron. It worked.