cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
optoman
Level I

data normalization

Hi All,

I'm very new to JMP. I am using 9.0.3 version.

I want to normalize my data, using one of the cells in the same data set.

Is there a function/script to do this ?

Thanks for your help,

Ozan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: data normalization

Hi Ozran,

in the Formula Editor for a column you can get built in references to many typical values of a variable by selecting "statistical" group of functions (i.e. col mean, col median, col max, col min and so on).

if you want to give a reference to a specific cell that is not the a regular parameter of a variable you need to slowly click twice in formula so it becomes a script and ad the number of the row in [].

for example, this column formula will divide each cell of the column "60 min" by the 25th cell of "90 min"

:Name("60 min") / :Name("90 min")[25]

Remember though that JMP is Not a Spreadsheet

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Hi Ozran,

in the Formula Editor for a column you can get built in references to many typical values of a variable by selecting "statistical" group of functions (i.e. col mean, col median, col max, col min and so on).

if you want to give a reference to a specific cell that is not the a regular parameter of a variable you need to slowly click twice in formula so it becomes a script and ad the number of the row in [].

for example, this column formula will divide each cell of the column "60 min" by the 25th cell of "90 min"

:Name("60 min") / :Name("90 min")[25]

Remember though that JMP is Not a Spreadsheet

optoman
Level I

Thanks Ron. It worked.

sbarnes
Level I

Thank you! That was a huge help.