cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
optoman
Level I

data normalization

Hi All,

I'm very new to JMP. I am using 9.0.3 version.

I want to normalize my data, using one of the cells in the same data set.

Is there a function/script to do this ?

Thanks for your help,

Ozan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: data normalization

Hi Ozran,

in the Formula Editor for a column you can get built in references to many typical values of a variable by selecting "statistical" group of functions (i.e. col mean, col median, col max, col min and so on).

if you want to give a reference to a specific cell that is not the a regular parameter of a variable you need to slowly click twice in formula so it becomes a script and ad the number of the row in [].

for example, this column formula will divide each cell of the column "60 min" by the 25th cell of "90 min"

:Name("60 min") / :Name("90 min")[25]

Remember though that JMP is Not a Spreadsheet

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Hi Ozran,

in the Formula Editor for a column you can get built in references to many typical values of a variable by selecting "statistical" group of functions (i.e. col mean, col median, col max, col min and so on).

if you want to give a reference to a specific cell that is not the a regular parameter of a variable you need to slowly click twice in formula so it becomes a script and ad the number of the row in [].

for example, this column formula will divide each cell of the column "60 min" by the 25th cell of "90 min"

:Name("60 min") / :Name("90 min")[25]

Remember though that JMP is Not a Spreadsheet

optoman
Level I

Thanks Ron. It worked.

sbarnes
Level I

Thank you! That was a huge help.