cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jfendrich
Level II

data labels?

How do I add labels to data points in plot? Can I choose which column are used as the label

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: data labels?

You can select the points you want labeled and choose Rows -> Label/Unlabel.

Another option in JMP 11 and beyond is to hover over the point until the label appears. Then move the pointer into the label and you can pin it in place.

To choose the column(s) used for the labels select the column(s) and choose Cols -> Label/Unlabel.

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

JMP Help is remarkably helpful.  I recommend following the instructions on page 158 of the Using JMP book (in JMPv11) that is installed with the package.  You can find it under Help -> Books -> Using JMP.

jfendrich
Level II

Thanks. Strongly agree p.158 of Using JMP 11.1 2nd ed. is very useful, in particular for my analysis, the adding labels for only particular rows / data of interest, the section highlighted below was the exact instructions I needed. Thanks again!

8223_ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 09 07.48.jpg

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You can select the points you want labeled and choose Rows -> Label/Unlabel.

Another option in JMP 11 and beyond is to hover over the point until the label appears. Then move the pointer into the label and you can pin it in place.

To choose the column(s) used for the labels select the column(s) and choose Cols -> Label/Unlabel.

-Jeff

-Jeff
jfendrich
Level II

Thanks. Very helpful, worked for me. See my response to Kevin's advise as well.