cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bernie426
Level II

How to modify bar chart axis label orientation?

Does anyone know how to move bar chart label position? Can you label be showing vertically rather than horizontally?

The default of my is at the bottom of the bar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to move bar chart label position

Hi bernie426,

Are you referring to the axis labels for each bar? If so, double click the X axis and you will be able to change the orientation of the labels. You might try vertical, or angled, if you are working with long category labels.

I hope this helps!

julian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XanGregg
Staff

There's no option to move the labels, but they're usually at the top of the bar (or middle for stacked bars), so I may be missing something if yours are at the bottom.

A couple ugly work-arounds.

1. Use text annotation (in the Tools menu) and enter the text manually
  2. Put the label in a label column and add labeled markers to the graph under the top of the bar. The labels for markers ("Points" in Graph Builder) are movable.
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi bernie426,

Are you referring to the axis labels for each bar? If so, double click the X axis and you will be able to change the orientation of the labels. You might try vertical, or angled, if you are working with long category labels.

I hope this helps!

julian