cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mpatpc
Level I

creating a mean table with p-vaue

Looking to create a data output table from an comparison of means analysis that shows the mean of each atrribute by sample with p-value to show if the mean values are significantly different. How can I do that in JMP? I can generate a table using tabulate but cant seem to add p-value which is generated during hte one way anova analysis

10 REPLIES 10
txnelson
Super User

Re: creating a mean table with p-vaue

If you go to 

Analyze==>Screening==>Response Screening

You can enter in all of your Y variables, and you X variable(s) and it will generate a data table with your results, including the p-values

response screening.PNG

Jim
msleo
Level I

thanks for the suggestion. Is there a way to access the output table of Response Screening from jmp script?

I would like to iterate through the table and pick up all the row numbers that have a RSquared > 0.95.

This output table doesnt seem to be the current data table.

txnelson
Super User

Here is an example of how to do that taken from the Scripting Index

Help==>Scripting Index==>Response Screening==>Get PValues

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$Sample_Data/Probe.jmp" );
obj =
Response Screening(
	X( :Process ),
	Y( Eval( 8 :: 394 ) ),
	Save Outlier Indicator
);
dtOut = obj << Get PValues ;
show( dtOut );
dtOut << Select Where( :RSquare > .95 );

I modified it very slightly, to add the pointer to the "PValues" data table which you can then use to do the selection of the RSquare values.  I do recomment that you examine the FDR Logworth values.  When doing so many tests, the FDR Logworth will help you determine which of the tests are real, and which are due to alpha slipping.

Jim
msleo
Level I

Thank you, FDR logworth seems to be useful.
Actually my data set has about 6000 columns all with p-value < 0.01 and many with a significant FDR logworth. However, some of the columns correlate to other columns with RSquare > 0.95 (similar test results). So currenly I'm running response screening of all columns vs all columns, grouping those columns that correlate with RSquare > 0.95 and then keeping just 1 of the correlating columns per group. It does take a few hours (~1000 rows) to run the script though for a decent reduction in number of columns.

Would be great if there is a faster way to group correlating columns together and then just keep 1 column per group. Pls share if there's a better way to do this.
txnelson
Super User

You could create a correlation matrix using 

Analyze==>Multivariate Methods==>Multivariate

or use Prinicpal Components analysis

Analyze==:Multivariate Methods==>Principal Components

Jim

The procedure that you are looking for is called 'variable clustering.' The Cluster Variables command in the Analyze menu will launch the JMP platform for this purpose.

Please see Help > Books > Multivariate Methods > Chapter 11: Cluster Variables for more information.

Use the Oneway platform. Start by selecting Analyze > Fit Y by X. I assume that you have a numeric variable stored in a data column using the continuous modeling type for the Y role. I also assume that you have a categorical variable in a data column using the nominal modeling type. Put that column in the X role.

Click the red triangle next to Oneway and select Compare Means > Tukey-Kramer. You will find the answer several different ways. The last report shows what you want. Remember that you can right-click on this last report and select Make Into Data Table if you need to do something else with results.

mpatpc
Level I

I can generate the table this way but if I have multiple one way analysis how do I get a table for each.

Example: I have sample 1 (control) , sample 2 and sample 3. I recorded dimension data for length, width, and height.

I am comparing if sample 1 (control) is significantly different than sample 2 and 3 for each length, width and height.

So when I create the one way it is just for sample 1, 2 & 3 for length. How can I create a table with p-value for length, width and height. Do I need to go to the red triangle for each dimension, compare mean then create the table? This seems inefficient. Could I just use the tabulate function to create the table of means then in the data table add a formula to create the p-value?

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You can broadcast the Compare Means command across your report and then use Make Combined Data Table to make one data table from all the individual report tables.

Start with Fit Y by X using sample as X and length, width, height as Y.

JMPScreenSnapz095.png

Then, in the report, hold the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (Mac) down and choose Compare Means -> All Pairs, Tukey HSD.

JMPScreenSnapz096.png

Then in the report table that contains the p-Values, right click and choose Make Combined Data Table.

JMPScreenSnapz097.png

That gets you one data table with all the p-values.

JMPScreenSnapz098.png

-Jeff