cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Greeny
Level II

connecting boxplot medians instead of means in "Fit Y by X"

Hi,  Is there a way to connect the medians of box plots instead of means in the "Fit Y by X" platform? This has been on my wish list for many years; I haven't understood why JMP provides only the "connect means" option and not the "connect medians" option. This can be done via Graph Builder, but I need this in the Fit Y by X platform as it would be good to have the right plot accompanying the analysis output.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: connecting boxplot medians instead of means in "Fit Y by X"

Quickly checking the option isn't there. Have you created a wish list item regarding this (https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/idb-p/jmp-wish-list)? You could write a script to perform this task but it is a hassle to run it every time compared to just JMP having that as an option.

-Jarmo
Greeny
Level II

Re: connecting boxplot medians instead of means in "Fit Y by X"

I agree, if I should do this using JSL, I would go to R instead. One of the reasons I use JMP/JMP-Pro is for quick exploratory evaluations of the data and trends before delving into more complex modeling with R. 
I have lost faith in the wish list with JMP - this is one of the features I requested over 10-15 years ago, and they still haven't implemented it. It's such a simple and logical thing to add, relative to the more complex and amazing things they have implemented to improve the product over the years.