cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Greeny
Level II

connecting boxplot medians instead of means in "Fit Y by X"

Hi,  Is there a way to connect the medians of box plots instead of means in the "Fit Y by X" platform? This has been on my wish list for many years; I haven't understood why JMP provides only the "connect means" option and not the "connect medians" option. This can be done via Graph Builder, but I need this in the Fit Y by X platform as it would be good to have the right plot accompanying the analysis output.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: connecting boxplot medians instead of means in "Fit Y by X"

Quickly checking the option isn't there. Have you created a wish list item regarding this (https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/idb-p/jmp-wish-list)? You could write a script to perform this task but it is a hassle to run it every time compared to just JMP having that as an option.

-Jarmo
Greeny
Level II

Re: connecting boxplot medians instead of means in "Fit Y by X"

I agree, if I should do this using JSL, I would go to R instead. One of the reasons I use JMP/JMP-Pro is for quick exploratory evaluations of the data and trends before delving into more complex modeling with R. 
I have lost faith in the wish list with JMP - this is one of the features I requested over 10-15 years ago, and they still haven't implemented it. It's such a simple and logical thing to add, relative to the more complex and amazing things they have implemented to improve the product over the years.