cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eijoac
Level II

categorical response analysis report show percentage of response for each response value

Under categorical response analysis report, how can I show percentage of response for each response value. For example (see the report below), how to include percentage of response for each preference group (1, 2, or 3), i.e. calculate column-wise percentage. Thanks.

crosstab.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: categorical response analysis report show percentage of response for each response value

Ah, so right...since preference group is your response all %s are calculated in terms of the preference group.  To get the %s in terms of gender either swap your response and grouping variable or use Fit Y by X to get a full contingency table.

Untitled.jpg

View solution in original post

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: categorical response analysis report show percentage of response for each response value

or....to stay in categorical use the structured tab:

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.16.29 AM.png

to get....

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.17.13 AM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

There is a red triangle option called "crosstab transposed". That will transpose the table and provide those %s. Otherwise if you use fit y-by-x you will get a cross tab with row, column, and total %s.
eijoac
Level II

Thanks @KarenC. However  "crosstab transposed" doesn't give me what I wanted. It simply transposed the table. What I want is to get percentage of response for each gender by each preference group (1, 2, or 3), i.e. calculate column-wise percentage. For example, the % number in the 1-1 cell should be 54/(54+62)=46.55%.

crosstab.PNG

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Ah, so right...since preference group is your response all %s are calculated in terms of the preference group.  To get the %s in terms of gender either swap your response and grouping variable or use Fit Y by X to get a full contingency table.

Untitled.jpg

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

or....to stay in categorical use the structured tab:

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.16.29 AM.png

to get....

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.17.13 AM.png

eijoac
Level II

Thanks, @KarenC. Fit Y by X or the Structured Tab in Consumer Research > Categorical solves my problem.

crosstab_1.PNGcrosstab_2.PNG