Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nac
nac
Level III

average based on different colums

Dear all,

I have different products. And each product have different batches. And I have different containers of each batch. I analyze 3 location of each container. How can I calculate mean value of each container obtained from different batches and products. And how can I calculate  the mean of each product. Please find enclosed my JMP document.  I would be very grateful if you don't let me fish, teach me how can I get the fish. I mean, ı have problems with JMP formulas, they are so different compare to excel. If you let me know what are the properties of functions, it would be great.

Thanks anyone help for it.

BR,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: average based on different colums

Try this formula for Average of each containers of each batch, each product

Col Mean( :Result, :Product, :Batches, :Container )

and this one for Average of products

Col Mean( :Result, :Product )
Jim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

Try this formula for Average of each containers of each batch, each product

Col Mean( :Result, :Product, :Batches, :Container )

and this one for Average of products

Col Mean( :Result, :Product )
Jim
nac
nac
Level III

Really thanks for your help. I would like to calculate the difference average of each containers of each batch, each product - average of each product then take square of it then sum of them. But when I try to make it. Average of product is written each line. Each location part. So, jmp calculate it each location because they are not empty. Is there a simple solution for it.

Please find the enclosed jmp file what I try to do.

nac
nac
Level III

I need to put average of each product paste into 1 time for each container. Because of automatic formulation it calculate for all of the locations. Is there a simple automatic way for it

txnelson
Super User

You appear to be treating JMP as if it is Excel.  That is, from the questions you are asking, you seem to be attempting to calculate the statistics, like a t-test or Anova, etc. as you would have to do it in Excel.  This is not the approach to use in JMP.  JMP has built in platforms that you should be using for these calculations.  The Fit Y by X and/or the Fit Model platforms are what you need to be looking at.  They will perform all of the calculations and provide you with the results.  Please take the time to read the Discovering JMP documentation, available under the Help pull down menu.

Jim
nac
nac
Level III

Actually, I try to apply this test by using JMP.  https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/psg/Budesonide_Inhalation_Sus_20929_RC_09-12.pdf. So, I find Match formula to help this part of this test. But I need a formula to counting how many location do we have for each product. I mean product A have 3 location (B,M,E) but ı need to count it automatically in accordance with product. Is there a way for it. 

txnelson
Super User

Here is a formula that will return the number of locations per product.

If( Row() == 1,
	If( Row() == 1,
		dt = Current Data Table();
		Summarize( dt, prod = by( :" Product"n ) );
		Summarize( dt, prodLoc = by( :" Product"n, :Location ) );
		prodCount = {};
		For( i = 1, i <= N Items( prod ), i++,
			Insert Into( prodCount, N Items( Loc( prodLoc[1], prod[i] ) ) )
		);
	)
);
prodCount[Loc( prod, :" Product"n )][1];

I continue to think that you are still trying to create a data table that you generate columns with different formulas in them, in an attempt to get to your final answer.  This is not a good way to use JMP.  If you want to do calculations such as described in the document you referenced, I believe that you need to learn how to program in JMP, using JMP Scripting Language,(JSL).

Jim