cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ribs11380
Level I

Workflow Builder Question

In Workflow Builder, is there a way while recording that I could create a new column and add some numbers in it then replay the workflow and have JMP automatically add this information without changing my original data file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Workflow Builder Question

I'm not certain I'm understanding what you're looking for, but one way to do this would be to have the data to be added in another table, and use the update command to bring the new data into the table you want to modify. Saving this updated table as a different filename will prevent changing the original data file. I've attached a workflow to do this.

Jed_Campbell_0-1685110795842.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not certain I'm understanding what you're looking for, but one way to do this would be to have the data to be added in another table, and use the update command to bring the new data into the table you want to modify. Saving this updated table as a different filename will prevent changing the original data file. I've attached a workflow to do this.

Jed_Campbell_0-1685110795842.png

@Jed_Campbell is correct with his example.  And here is another one to guide you along. 

You can open a Data table and then create a New Column, assign values, as in sequence data, as you did before.  If you right click and add the new column, a suggestion is to go ahead and change the name of the column, format it, and try and do that in one step.  It will work to do multiple steps, but your workflow is cleaner this way. 

My other column, "example" I added with a script - so this step would be a custom action step.

Mandy_Chambers_0-1685378134684.png