cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aadecarlojr
Level II

Why does my pasted graph have empty space beyond its right and lower borders?

JMP user for years.  All of the sudden the edit-copy graph procedure yeilds not just the graph but blank space beyond the right border and lower border so that the graph itself is only in the top left quarter of the pasted pic.  I cannot find any preference that I changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aadecarlojr
Level II

Re: Why does my pasted graph have empty space beyond its right and lower borders?

Final Update: attempts to modify preferences, including the Windows preferences, were not successful. However, the Dell laptop had a system problem requiring some automatic restart. It appears that the restart fixed the problem. JMP support then asked me if the Dell was a laptop and whether it was connected to an external monitor, which it is on both accounts. So that may have been an issue they have been seeing. Fixed now, though. Thanks to all.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why does my pasted graph have empty space beyond its right and lower borders?

Which platform are you copying the graph from?  And what application are you pasting into?  Does the app have multiple options, like Paste, Paste As Picture, Paste Special, etc?

aadecarlojr
Level II

Thanks; copying from Graph Builder in v 14.03 on Windows and pasting into either MS Word or OneNote. Never saw this for years then I must have changed a setting a few weeks ago and now the paste is 4 fold larger than the graph.
Craige_Hales
Super User

Changed settings outside of JMP? Maybe windows->settings->display->100% scale or custom scale? There was an issue several releases back; I think it was fixed.

Craige
aadecarlojr
Level II

Thanks, but no, I can cut and paste any other pict or graph image from one page or program to another. It is NOT limited to Graph Builder; I just created a fit least squares report in Fit Model where the text copies and pastes fine but the graph does not. I use edit - copy graph then paste it and the same 4:1 area:graph occurs. So it is in the edit - copy graph process.
txnelson
Super User

You should contact JMP Support:
support@jmp.com
Jim
Craige_Hales
Super User

And our support team will need to know what you are doing to copy the graph (did you use the selection tool, right-click->copy,  edit->copy, drag-and-drop, or something else).

You might also want to reset the windows-specific preferences in the preference panel.

Craige
aadecarlojr
Level II

I will initiate the contact. It is the same result whether right click edit>copy graph or whether I use the cross to select then keyboard copy and paste. I even tried the add-in to eliminate the background but same result. Thanks.
aadecarlojr
Level II

Final Update: attempts to modify preferences, including the Windows preferences, were not successful. However, the Dell laptop had a system problem requiring some automatic restart. It appears that the restart fixed the problem. JMP support then asked me if the Dell was a laptop and whether it was connected to an external monitor, which it is on both accounts. So that may have been an issue they have been seeing. Fixed now, though. Thanks to all.

Just ran into the same issue after moving my laptop to a home office.  In the business office, I have dual external monitor setup.  At home, I use laptop as one and then one external.  Resolution of the laptop screen is different than my external monitors and was causing the issue.  Changed my display settings to make the external monitor Display 1 and the white space went away.