cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aadecarlojr
Level II

Why does my pasted graph have empty space beyond its right and lower borders?

JMP user for years.  All of the sudden the edit-copy graph procedure yeilds not just the graph but blank space beyond the right border and lower border so that the graph itself is only in the top left quarter of the pasted pic.  I cannot find any preference that I changed.

10 REPLIES 10
ErraticAttack
Level VI

Re: Why does my pasted graph have empty space beyond its right and lower borders?

This is a known issue w/re to JMP not integrating fully with the windows API -- specifically on desktop scale.  JMP only reads the scale on JMP start, and changes to the windows desktop scale (which usually happens when an external monitor is added / removed) will not be handled properly in an already open JMP instance.  If the scale increases then the Copy command will copy an accordingly bigger rectangle, but it will get filled with a smaller bitmap since JMP isn't scaling properly.  Conversely, if the display scale decreases then the corresponding rectangle size will decrease, which will result in an apparent clipping of the intended object to copy.

The _only_ solution is to restart JMP after you've attached / removed a monitor (more specifically, after the display scale has changed)

ErraticAttach_0-1628148182500.png

Jordan