cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
alvin
Level I

What is the difference between JMP9 and JMP14?

I have been using JMP9 for quite sometime, there is an opportunity to upgrade to JMP14.

What are the differences between these 2 versions? 

Trying to search but there are no results returned here...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: What is the difference between JMP9 and JMP14?

I'm not sure if there is any single list for differences between two versions, but you can see new features and release notes for different versions from here:

JMP New Features and Release Notes

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

I'm not sure if there is any single list for differences between two versions, but you can see new features and release notes for different versions from here:

JMP New Features and Release Notes

-Jarmo
Craige_Hales
Super User

As an (ex) developer, it becomes a blur over a repeating 18-month development cycle, but I know a lot of bugs were fixed and platforms like Text Explorer added (a lot of others too, but I was involved with that one...and I'm not sure which release it first appeared in.) Many platforms get new features, and many JSL functions get added. And other things; I know there has been a push to improve error messages, for example.

The list @jthi points at is the best resource.

It is possible you'll find a script that ran in 9 that no longer runs in 14, but those are fairly rare and tech support (or this forum) can help you with those. That mostly happens when a breaking change has to be made to make JMP better: more consistent, easier to understand.

I'd encourage upgrading because the tech support folks are going to be most familiar with more recent versions.

Craige
Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

In a pathetic attempt to inject some humor into this discussion, I am compelled to write that the difference between JMP9 and JMP14 is five...

alvin
Level I

That put a smile on my face though. Not that pathetic I would say!