cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TDK_Long
Level III

What are the data table names after multiple file import?

Hi folks,

I used multiple file import to import three txt files, and the script opened up three data windows shown on the right hand side. I need to process the column 3 with some equations in these three opened windows, but I don't know the data table names that are related to the three opened windows.

I thought the data table names should be ccf_22031411, ccf_22031412 and ccf_22031413 as shown on the top left corner of the data windows, but when I used the following script to delete the first column (dot column), it did not work. And how can I call out Column 3 and make it multiplied by 10 and put the new numbers into Column 7? Thanks.

"ccf_22031411" << delete Columns( 1 :: 1 );

zz.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: What are the data table names after multiple file import?

dtList contains a list of three data table handles. You could use the handles directly and never need to know the name. You could ask the handle for the name of the table. Or you could use the handle to set a name.

show(dtList);
dt1=dtList[1];
show(dt1<<getname);
dtList[2]<<setname("xyzzy");
show(dtlist[2]<<getname);
dtList[3]:column1<<setname("plugh");
show(column(dtList[3],1)<<getname);

Above, dt1 copies the handle from the list to simplify the next reference. The rest just use the handle directly from the list.

Craige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales
Super User

dtList contains a list of three data table handles. You could use the handles directly and never need to know the name. You could ask the handle for the name of the table. Or you could use the handle to set a name.

show(dtList);
dt1=dtList[1];
show(dt1<<getname);
dtList[2]<<setname("xyzzy");
show(dtlist[2]<<getname);
dtList[3]:column1<<setname("plugh");
show(column(dtList[3],1)<<getname);

Above, dt1 copies the handle from the list to simplify the next reference. The rest just use the handle directly from the list.

Craige
TDK_Long
Level III

Thanks Craige. You have helped me a lot of times.