cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Use Local Data Filter for Cpk Chart

Hi JMP Community,

Below is the report that I want to generate. I would like to see individual reports for SI1 to SI10 (values in "Process" column) by changing the filter inside Local Data Filter. Since I would like this process to be automated in the future, I exported the script of it. But when I ran the script again, error occurred. Can anyone help to identify the error in the script? I suspect it was because the column switcher listed SI1 to SI10, which are not really columns but values in column "Process", but I'm not sure if this is the problem and don't know how to solve it. Woudl really appreciate any thought on that. Thank you!

Script:

New Window("Cpk with one Column Switcher", 
H List Box(Column Switcher(:SI6, {:SI1, :SI2, :SI3, :SI4, :SI5, :SI6, :SI7, :SI8, :SI9, :SI10}, 
SendToReport(Dispatch({}, "Column Switcher", ColumnSwitcherContextOutlineBox, {OutlineCloseOrientation("Vertical")}))), 
V List Box(Control Chart Builder(Size(554, 492), Variables(Y(:SI6)), Local Data Filter), 
Control Chart Builder(Size(518, 448), Show Two Shewhart Charts(0), Show Control Panel(0), Variables(Y(:SI6)), 
Chart(Points(Statistic("Individual")), Limits(Sigma("Moving Range")), Warnings(Test 1(1), Test 2(1), Test 3(1), Test 4(1), Test 5(1), Test 6(1), Test 7(1), Test 8(1))), 
SendToReport(Dispatch({}, "", ScaleBox, {Format("Best", 12), Min(37), Max(64), Inc(100), Minor Ticks(0)}), 
Dispatch({}, "graph display 1 title", TextEditBox, {Set Text("Last 25 points")}), 
Dispatch({}, "SI6 Limit Summaries", OutlineBox, {Close(1)}))))))

Screenshot.png

1 REPLY 1
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Use Local Data Filter for Cpk Chart

ok, so a couple of things that are going to make diagnosing problems easier.

1. go to preferences > Script Editor, and make your settings look like this:

Byron_JMP_0-1655821566157.png

Along with a couple of other things, you'll see a log window at the bottom of your script, and line numbers.

2. Right click in your script and choose the option: Reformat Script.

This option makes the script easier to read, and also checks to see if its executable, and will likely tell you the line number where the issue is.

3. After you do this. Try running the script, it error message is unintelligible, then come back here are reply. Also send a little data that the script is supposed to work on.  That way someone who tries to help you might be able to replicate your problem without having to first try to re-invent your data.  (sometimes the data structure is the issue, not the script).

Cheers,

-B

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)