cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vishwasanj
Level V

Update or Match columns from 2 tables

Hi All,

I have 2 data tables, data.jmp and final.jmp 

I need to match 2 columns (lot name, wafer number) from data.jmp to 2 columns (LOT, WFR) from final.jmp. I need to create a new subset comparing these 2 tables and output as FINAL_UPDATED data table. 

Thank you for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Update or Match columns from 2 tables

What I specified in my last response is exactly what you need to do to put the 2 data tables together, matching upon the 2 pairs of columns you indicated.  Below is the filled out dialog box from 

Tables==>Join

that when executed creates the output table you described.  Attached is the new table created.

join.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

Use the pull down menu item

Tables==>Join

and you will be able to match the columns you need to match and it will generate a new data table

Jim
vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you txnelson. Maybe I should have explained this more clearly. 

Attached are the tables. 

data. jmp represents the user input file through .json

Final_table is the final concatenated table.

I want to refine the Final_table according to what I have in the data.jmp table.
Now I want to make a new table Final_Updated by matching LotInfoes.LotName and LotInfoes.Wafers of data.jmp to Lot and wafers of Final_table.jmp (For example, I don't have wafer 1 in the both lots, so my updated table shouldn't have it)

Any suggestions would help me.
txnelson
Super User

What I specified in my last response is exactly what you need to do to put the 2 data tables together, matching upon the 2 pairs of columns you indicated.  Below is the filled out dialog box from 

Tables==>Join

that when executed creates the output table you described.  Attached is the new table created.

join.PNG

Jim
vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you txnelson
ian_jmp
Staff

In JMP 13 you might also find the virtual join useful.

vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you for the idea Ian