cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vishwasanj
Level V

Update or Match columns from 2 tables

Hi All,

I have 2 data tables, data.jmp and final.jmp 

I need to match 2 columns (lot name, wafer number) from data.jmp to 2 columns (LOT, WFR) from final.jmp. I need to create a new subset comparing these 2 tables and output as FINAL_UPDATED data table. 

Thank you for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Update or Match columns from 2 tables

What I specified in my last response is exactly what you need to do to put the 2 data tables together, matching upon the 2 pairs of columns you indicated.  Below is the filled out dialog box from 

Tables==>Join

that when executed creates the output table you described.  Attached is the new table created.

join.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

Use the pull down menu item

Tables==>Join

and you will be able to match the columns you need to match and it will generate a new data table

Jim
vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you txnelson. Maybe I should have explained this more clearly. 

Attached are the tables. 

data. jmp represents the user input file through .json

Final_table is the final concatenated table.

I want to refine the Final_table according to what I have in the data.jmp table.
Now I want to make a new table Final_Updated by matching LotInfoes.LotName and LotInfoes.Wafers of data.jmp to Lot and wafers of Final_table.jmp (For example, I don't have wafer 1 in the both lots, so my updated table shouldn't have it)

Any suggestions would help me.
txnelson
Super User

What I specified in my last response is exactly what you need to do to put the 2 data tables together, matching upon the 2 pairs of columns you indicated.  Below is the filled out dialog box from 

Tables==>Join

that when executed creates the output table you described.  Attached is the new table created.

join.PNG

Jim
vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you txnelson
ian_jmp
Staff

In JMP 13 you might also find the virtual join useful.

vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you for the idea Ian