cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
natalie_
Level V

Unzipping Files in JMP

I am just wondering if you can use JMP to unzip files.  I find some sample code on a SAS blog (Using FILENAME ZIP to unzip and read data files in SAS - The SAS Dummy).  Can I use this (or something likes this) with JMP 12?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Unzipping Files in JMP

3 REPLIES 3
Craige_Hales
Super User

yes.  See ZipArchive in the scripting index.

10875_pastedImage_0.png

Craige
natalie_
Level V

Hi!  Sorry for the huge delay responding to this post.  I am finally back at this problem.  I really don't understand how to use these functions in the Zip Archive to unzip.

I have a directory of many folders which need to be unzipped (150).  The start of each folder name will be a device name followed by an underscore then the date (ie.  Device #150_2016_20_07.zip).  I would like to get the device name left of the underscore and make that a folder (done), and then extract all the contents to the new folder.  That's where my problem is and I am having troubles understanding how to follow that blog I posted above with JSL...

Craige_Hales
Super User