cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
natalie_
Level V

Unzipping Files in JMP

I am just wondering if you can use JMP to unzip files.  I find some sample code on a SAS blog (Using FILENAME ZIP to unzip and read data files in SAS - The SAS Dummy).  Can I use this (or something likes this) with JMP 12?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Unzipping Files in JMP

3 REPLIES 3
Craige_Hales
Super User

yes.  See ZipArchive in the scripting index.

10875_pastedImage_0.png

Craige
natalie_
Level V

Hi!  Sorry for the huge delay responding to this post.  I am finally back at this problem.  I really don't understand how to use these functions in the Zip Archive to unzip.

I have a directory of many folders which need to be unzipped (150).  The start of each folder name will be a device name followed by an underscore then the date (ie.  Device #150_2016_20_07.zip).  I would like to get the device name left of the underscore and make that a folder (done), and then extract all the contents to the new folder.  That's where my problem is and I am having troubles understanding how to follow that blog I posted above with JSL...

Craige_Hales
Super User