cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Zephyr
Level I

Unbalanced Panel Data

Hi
I have a list of stocks and their respective indicators and annual return across several years. I would like to do a panel data analysis but my panel data were heavily unbalanced. Can I ask

1) how JMP deals with those missing data when I run the fixed effect mixed model?

2) Where can I find information on how to interpret the mixed model results? Especially on the repeated measures results.
2 REPLIES 2
GM
GM
Level III

Re: Unbalanced Panel Data

@Zephyr with respect to your second question there are several excellent texts available, really depends on your field. You might consider the Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data, by Jeffrey Wooldridge.  Additionally, you should look at text SAS for Mixed Models. Both textbooks have second editions.  Your first question is a bit confusing in that you refer to fixed effect mixed models, the idea of a mixed model is that it has both fixed and random effects, hence mixed models.  I am sure the texts mentioned will help you understand how unbalanced data are handled in the mixed model framework.  I hope this is helpful, MG.

japearlman
Level I

Re: Unbalanced Panel Data

Will JMP estimate what I refer to as 'econometric fixed effects models', that is models with individual specific fixed effects? So far I have not seen how to do this in JMP.