cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Aisha
Level II

Unable to apply any color theme to heat map

Hi evryone 

I just start using JMP. I am dealing with apparently a very small issue. I cant seem to apply any color theme to my graph. If you see in the image below my current theem is blue to red but in graph it s default multiple colors. Hw do I change it? Thanks in Advance

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 10.24.51 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Unable to apply any color theme to heat map

I am guessing that your input data are not numeric, but rather set to a Data Type of "Character", which forces them to have unique color value rather than a color gradient.  You need to change your data type to numeric and your modeling type to continuous.

Jim

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
txnelson
Super User

I am guessing that your input data are not numeric, but rather set to a Data Type of "Character", which forces them to have unique color value rather than a color gradient.  You need to change your data type to numeric and your modeling type to continuous.

Jim
Aisha
Level II

Hi Jim Thank you so much for reply. This is simple gene expression data that is numeric (FC). I just want tradition red and green theme that I can't seem to apply to this heat map.
Aisha
Level II

Hi again Thank you so very much Jim. It worked..I have been struggling since yesterday.

You are confused. The red to gray to blue color theme is applied to the color map if you add one. This theme is not about the cluster color. I don't think you can change the color theme used for clusters.

Someone else might have a better idea.

Aisha
Level II

Can someone help how do I chnage the color of heat map?

I just took another data set in the Samples folder, Fitness, and performed a two-way clustering using only default settings and changing nothing:

Capture.PNG

My guess is that you have some column properties or row states for color that are interfering with the default coloring.

Aisha
Level II

Thank you for reply, you are right and as indicated by Jim I had to change column properties.
Aisha
Level II

Now can you please help why my row labels are missing? I have large no of genes 7000, could that be a reason?