cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
marelizgrav
Level I

Two-Group Discriminant Analysis - Plot Looks Weird?

Hello,

I am trying to perform a two-group discriminant analysis but I think my plot looks funny. It is suspicious to me that all of my samples within each group are horizontally spread across the same Canonical1 variable. Is this normal? Thank you for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peng_liu
Staff

Re: Two-Group Discriminant Analysis - Plot Looks Weird?

This is normal, because you have only two groups. Refer to Canonical Structure , if you have K groups, K-1 canonical variables are obtained. In the situation of two groups, there is just 1 canonical variable. You can see how the coordinates are defined by going to the platform red triangle menu, select Canonical Options > Save Canonical Scores, to save the values to the original data table. In addition, for your example, the two groups are well separable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
peng_liu
Staff

Re: Two-Group Discriminant Analysis - Plot Looks Weird?

This is normal, because you have only two groups. Refer to Canonical Structure , if you have K groups, K-1 canonical variables are obtained. In the situation of two groups, there is just 1 canonical variable. You can see how the coordinates are defined by going to the platform red triangle menu, select Canonical Options > Save Canonical Scores, to save the values to the original data table. In addition, for your example, the two groups are well separable.