cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Evan_Morris
Level IV

Turning a filterable dashboard into a "by" report/list

I have a fairly ugly request from a user that I am hoping has a simpler answer than what I am thinking. 

I have an exploratory analysis dashboard that generates around a few dozen graphs based on some choices in a filter.  Mostly graph builder objects but also runs a process screening as well.   What they would like is for the window of graphs to be repeated over and over again for each possible object in the filter.   So if you could explore 20 objects, they would want 20 iterations one after the other.  Pretty much the same way the "Page" object would work for the graph builder.

My initial response was for them to just screenshot each step in the filter but they didn't love that answer.

I'm thinking the only way to do this is to just to run a massive for loop and just iteratively build the JRN out from that.  Just wondering if there were some examples of this people had seen somewhere?  Or a simpler way to do this that I am missing.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Turning a filterable dashboard into a "by" report/list

A local data filter might work for you. If it does, this method is pretty easy to implement, once you have the script for the overall dashboard. You can just make a bunch of tab pages, each containing the dashboard at a given filter value. Here's an example with bivariate analyses.

If you have several filtering columns, you can concatenate them to produce a single column, whose values you can then loop through using the Local Data Filter.

You can maximize real estate available to the dashboard by closing the Local Data Filter's outline box, and hide this outline box completely, if desired, by changing the outline box's title from "Local Data Filter" to "", and closing it.

Cheers,

Brady

Names Default To Here(1);

dt = open ("$Sample_Data\Car Physical Data.jmp");

bivExpr = expr(
	 Bivariate(
		Y( :Horsepower ),
		X( :Displacement ),
		Fit Line( {Line Color( {212, 73, 88} )} ),
		Local Data Filter(
			Show Histograms and Bars( 0 ),
			Add Filter(
				columns( :Type ),
				Where( :Type == _TYPE_ ),
				Display( :Type, N Items( 5 ) )
			)
		)
	);
);

nw = new window("Tabbed analyses",
	tb = tabbox()
);

summarize(dt, typeList = by(:type));

for(i=1, i<=nitems(typeList), i++,

tb << append( 
		typeList[i], 
		vlistbox(eval(substitute(nameexpr(bivExpr), expr(_TYPE_), typeList[i])))
	)
);