Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Lichun
Level II

Task to build control chart with automatic warning

Hi Team,

I am trying to build control chart like WAT SPC chart via JMP.

I am almost done the chart but I can only plot it by click the JSL

However, my issue now is how to load data automatically (like file in specifc path or read it from server).

After load the data, how I can only get help from JMP to sent out warning only for the new data point.

Actually I try the alarm function but it alwasy stuck in outlook (I will receive error messge in my email box).

There are 3 portions here.

For example, every 8:00AM per day

1. To load datatable like csv or execl file automaticelly.Any past experience that I can learn?

2. Run JSL file automatically after data load.  Any past experience that I can learn?

3. Sent out warning to email box for the new data only. Any past experience that I can learn?

Sorry for multi quesitons, please let mek know if my question is not clear.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Task to build control chart with automatic warning

Sounds like you are close to what you need, but just need a few extra "tidbits" to tie it all together:

1. "I am almost done the chart but I can only plot it by click the JSL"
    1. If you name the script for the control chart "On Open" then it will automatically run each time the data table is open. You may need to adjust your Preferences to allow this to happen.
      1. Jed_Campbell_1-1676916183477.png

2. Refresh/reload data automatically:
      1. Accessing Databases - JMP User Community has good background on how to connect to databases from JMP.
      2. Once you create a database call from within JMP, the data table itself will have an "Update from Database" script saved to it. If you combine the script in this button with the Control Chart script, the data table will update from the database each time the table is opened, then run the control chart.
    3. Email stuck in Outlook. This might be a security setting from your company?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Sounds like you are close to what you need, but just need a few extra "tidbits" to tie it all together:

1. "I am almost done the chart but I can only plot it by click the JSL"
    1. If you name the script for the control chart "On Open" then it will automatically run each time the data table is open. You may need to adjust your Preferences to allow this to happen.
      1. Jed_Campbell_1-1676916183477.png

2. Refresh/reload data automatically:
      1. Accessing Databases - JMP User Community has good background on how to connect to databases from JMP.
      2. Once you create a database call from within JMP, the data table itself will have an "Update from Database" script saved to it. If you combine the script in this button with the Control Chart script, the data table will update from the database each time the table is opened, then run the control chart.
    3. Email stuck in Outlook. This might be a security setting from your company?

Lichun
Level II

Hi Jed,

Thansk for your quick assistance.

1. I change it to on open, now it's ok 

Another question is for the spec limit, now I can get control chart by one click JSL, However, the spec limit is not the one I load last time. I have spec.limit.jmp file that I loaded it by Quality and Process ->Manage spec limit. 

May I know how to use it when I re-open the JSL? 

2. Refresh/reload data automatically: Thanks, I will read this video first. 

Another question is if I only update the data by myself as first step, Is it possible to get similiar script to send out warning of new data point? 

3. Email stuck in Outlook : Ok, I will check with IT.

1. JMP should automatically load the spec limits if you save the script after you've loaded the spec limits. If you look at the On Open script, it should have something like "Get Limites( "filename..."). I've attached a sample script to do this.

2. Yes. One way would be to modify the script (Red Triangle...Alarm Script) to include checking if some condition is true before sending the email. This would likely be unique to your data/situation, but it would look something like this (blue highlighted portions):

Jed_Campbell_0-1676996122856.png

Also, Introduction to the JMP Scripting Language - JMP User Community is a free course will help you do more of these types of things in the future.

Lichun
Level II

Hi Jed,

Thanks, 

Another question is to have email alarm with the chart ID and also the warning limit. I try to use the alarm script but it didn't work. I already confirm not security issue as the email was work after I simplify the word by default.

Hence, is it possible that you can provide the method to include the code to the JSL directly instead of setup alarm scrip by control chart?

The information that I would like to include in the warning" like lot ID/ WF ID / OOC item and also warning item", can you please share one example (I did search in the community but not able to find similar acase).

Warnings(
Rule 1 3S( 1 ),
Rule 2 2S( 1 ),
Rule R 4S( 1 ),
Rule 4 1S( 1 ),
Rule 10 X( 1 ),
Test Beyond Limits( 1 )

Thanks

Hi Lichun,

Would any of the links below help you with what you're looking for?

JMP manual  - Control Chart Scripts

Community - Example 1

Community - Example 2

Lichun
Level II

Hi Jed,

Q1,

Yes, I read the link you provided. 

question is I woud like to have mail send alarm warning to email directly like below link, and appreciate if you can share me where is log saved in the link you provided. 

Using JSL to send emails - JMP User Community

Q2, 

When I run win task scheduler, I point the path to the JSL file, 

Windows will pop up which software I would like to open the JSL file (confirmed JSL file is opens with JMP from windows properties).

Any way to bypass the check it?

Q1: I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding what you mean by sharing where the log is saved. Could you clarify, please?

Q2: I'm not an expert on the Windows Task Scheduler, but if I set it up like the picture below, it runs without asking me to select a program.

Jed_Campbell_0-1677165682652.png

But if I set it up like the picture below, it asks me to select a program:

Jed_Campbell_1-1677165744589.png

Lichun
Level II

Hi Jed.

Really appreciate for help of task schedule. Now it work perfectly.

Now the issue is how I can send warning/alarm via email or alternative to myself.

I read all of alarm/warning from JMP or search by google but I can't fix it by myself. 

1. First, I would like to have warning with LOT ID / WF ID / Fail item (like column F/Column G in the table / fail control rule ).

2. Send warning email to me with the warning mentioned in item1, it would be perfect if it can send the graph also.

3. If we can get item1,2 by JSL, final question is I would like to get file updately like daily (means the demo file will be different everyday. In this case, can I get the warning for the new data only? I am sorry now we can't connect it to databse directly. I probably need to run it by different product with excel first.

Really appreciate for your all help. thanks.

<<I read all of alarm/warning from JMP or search by google but I can't fix it by myself. >>

One thing that gets missed often: in order for the alarm script to run, you must first select which tests to run (right click in chart, Warnings, Tests, then select which tests). This can be saved to the script, so you don't have to do this every time.

Jed_Campbell_0-1677270108519.png

Modifying the alarm script to only run send email if the out of control point was in the last 3 days would be one way to send only new warnings. Example below, and saved to data table attached to this reply.

Jed_Campbell_1-1677271664568.png

To attach a graph to the email, this might help, but I also think you might be helped best by taking this free course on JSL scripting.

<< I am sorry now we can't connect it to database directly. I probably need to run it by different product with excel first.>>

If by this you mean that you wish JMP could pull directly from your database, JMP likely can. Here is more information.