Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TheDude
Level III

Table as reference fails when files are moved

Hello, 

let's say you run a platform, say Analyze>Distribution on an open data file. 

Now you save the results as JMP Report .jrp file (File>Save). JMP asks whether you want to Embed or Reference the data in the report. Since the table is large, you choose Reference. 

You can then open the .jrp file and the plot is recreated. 

But say you now move both files to a new directory, not changing the relative path between the .jrp file and the data file. Now opening the .jrp no longer works!

My questions:

1. How do you fix this

2. Is there a way to make the reference to the table a relative instead of an absolute path? (As is should be)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Table as reference fails when files are moved

The only way that I know of to do what you want, is for you to edit the .rpt file.  The .rpt file is actually just a JSL file with the .rpt extension on it.  So you can rename the file with the .JSL extension, and then open it into JMP and edit the file.

Another option, is to move your analysis into a JMP Project.  It allows you to save all files into a project and then move that project file where ever you want.  When it is opened, JMP will handle all of the file references etc.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

The only way that I know of to do what you want, is for you to edit the .rpt file.  The .rpt file is actually just a JSL file with the .rpt extension on it.  So you can rename the file with the .JSL extension, and then open it into JMP and edit the file.

Another option, is to move your analysis into a JMP Project.  It allows you to save all files into a project and then move that project file where ever you want.  When it is opened, JMP will handle all of the file references etc.

Jim
TheDude
Level III

Thank you @txnelson. This is disappointing. I guess I will always embed my data tables going forward.