cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
EstelleS
Level III

How to retrieve user-input values from a model dialog Application module window?

Hi All,

I am developing a JMP Application that includes multiple module windows and extensive scripting with Python integration.

One of my modules has selections for different task options A, B, C, etc... Based on this selection, I have created additional module windows to pop up and ask the user to input some parameters required for completing each task (these inputs are Number Edit Boxes in the Application modules). In the property panel of the Application Builder, these popup parameter module windows are set as "Modal Dialogue".

When the user clicks the "OK" button, I want the modal window to dismiss and for the user inputs to be stored into variables so the application code can then do whatever work is required based on the selections. I have tried several different scripting options (such as "<< Get") but they have not been working.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

- Estelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to retrieve user-input values from a model dialog Application module window?

I haven't used Application builder myself, but based on Sample application "Data Table Application", << get should work just fine.

Changed Launcher to modal:

jthi_0-1648233560408.png

Ok button executes OkButtonPress

jthi_1-1648233586475.png

and OkButtonPress calls doFun function

jthi_2-1648233605947.png

which has

rate = SampleRateInput << Get;

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: How to retrieve user-input values from a model dialog Application module window?

I haven't used Application builder myself, but based on Sample application "Data Table Application", << get should work just fine.

Changed Launcher to modal:

jthi_0-1648233560408.png

Ok button executes OkButtonPress

jthi_1-1648233586475.png

and OkButtonPress calls doFun function

jthi_2-1648233605947.png

which has

rate = SampleRateInput << Get;

-Jarmo