cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
klm123
Level II

Swap X and Y axis in Variability Chart

Hi,

The names of my x-axis variables show up vertically aligned.

I would not want to use 'rotated tick options'. Because this increases the horizontal dimension of the chart in an undesired way.

Instead if I can swap the X and Y axis, then the input variable names will become reader-friendly, without increasing the size of the chart :)

Please refer the image. Sorry, I had to crop the image to avoid publishing company data on public platform.

Thanks,

Kishore

Variability chart - swap X and Y axes.png

Thanks,
Kishore
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Swap X and Y axis in Variability Chart

Hello,

I am not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but you can select Vertical Charts within the Variability platform to swap the axes.

VerticalChart.PNG

Thanks.

Laura

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

Use @Laura_Lancaster solution below...not my suggestion

It looks like you could just use Graph Builder and put he axes the way you want them

sidwase.PNG

Jim

Hello,

I am not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but you can select Vertical Charts within the Variability platform to swap the axes.

VerticalChart.PNG

Thanks.

Laura

txnelson
Super User

My bad on this one, I didn't loot for the obvious before I suggested Graph Builder
Jim
klm123
Level II

Thank you, Laura! This worked perfect!

Regards,
Kishore
Thanks,
Kishore
kluu
Level I

Hello Laura,

I am new with jump and having same issue.  Could you kindly show a detail how to do this?

Thanks,

Khanh

txnelson
Super User

Open your data table.  In Laura's example she used the Big Class data table from the Sample Data Folder available under the Help pull down menu.

txnelson_0-1709066315465.png

Go to

Analyze=>Quality and Process=> Variability // Attribute Control Chart

In the dialog window that is displayed, select column height for the Y, Response and column age for the X, Grouping and click on OK.

txnelson_1-1709066589277.png

The Output Display window will appear

txnelson_2-1709066704904.png

Click on the red triangle to the left of the title for the outline box titled "Variability Guage Analysis for height" and select "Vertical Charts"

txnelson_3-1709066840981.png

The display will change to a Vertical form

txnelson_4-1709066925834.png

Jim