cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
datanaut
Level III

Specify Contours for All Contour Plots (without a dialogue for each plot)

on JMP for Mac, v 14.3

I am plotting a two dependent variables using Graph-->Contour Plot with a "by" variable so I end up with 12 different plots.  I want all the plots to have the same contours for correct comparison purposes.  

Typically holding down the command key when I make a selection under the red carat applies changes to all the plots in the plot window.

With a Contour Plot and "Specify Contours", it behaves differently, requiring that I type in the 3 of 4 inputs for EACH plot.  

datanaut_0-1592250780718.png  x 12!

I'm hoping there's some way to force them to all be the same with only 1 dialogue entry.

I looked for discussions addressing this and found none.  Which makes me think there is an easy/obvious way to do this I don't know or it's not a common complaint/need of the community.

Any ideas/suggestions would be helpful.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Specify Contours for All Contour Plots (without a dialogue for each plot)

When you interactively startup the Contour Plot Platform, you can specify the contour specifications, and they are honored for all Contour Plots drawn

contour.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I cannot find a way to broadcast the menu command through the UI, but it is easy with a script. Here is an example.

Names Default to Here( 1 );

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

cp = Contour Plot(
	X( :height, :weight ),
	Y( :age ),
	Show Data Points( 0 ),
	Fill Areas( 0 ),
	Label Contours( 0 ),
	Transform( "Range Normalized" ),
	By( :sex )
);

cp << Specify Contours( Min( 12 ), Max( 16 ), N( 5 ) );
txnelson
Super User

When you interactively startup the Contour Plot Platform, you can specify the contour specifications, and they are honored for all Contour Plots drawn

contour.PNG

Jim