cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DanaG
Level I

Show group means constantly popping up

Hi All! Using JMP 16.2.0 (570548). When I create a Variability / Attribute Gauge Chart a window automatically pops up to show group means. if I have a local data filter active and use it to view groups of data this window pops up every time. so if I want to sort for 3 out of 5 variables this pop up comes up 3 times and I have to select OK or Cancel every time.  

DanaG_0-1694732071786.png

- is there a way to suppress this pop up as i do not want it to show group means at all?

- the Variability Summary Report automatically is shown too; is there a way to suppress this too?

- are there any default settings somewhere to set for any of the choices? when I save the script to the data table and view/edit the script nothing appears to be called out to edit for either of these. this just started happening when I moved to JMP16 from rev 14. Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Show group means constantly popping up

You can set the preferences for any of the Platforms by going to 

File=>Preferences

txnelson_1-1694740523235.pngtxnelson_0-1694740434937.png

Jim
AdamChoen
Level IV

Can this be done through JSL? if my script is used by more users.

Thanks, Adam
txnelson
Super User

Setting a Platform's Preferences changes the default preferences for the platform.  If your script is run by a new user, the preferences you would set in your JSL will then become the default preferences used every time the user would use that platform, going forward.

If this is what you want, then you can look in the Scripting Guide, search for "Preference" and you will see the messages and examples of how to set preferences using JSL.

Jim