cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Setting "ignore errors" flag on a formula column

I have a formula column (confidence interval from the nonlinear platform) that sometimes generates an error during evaluation:

7491_fmlerror.JPG

This error can not be captured in a Try() block.

My work around is to set the Suppress Eval flag and manually evaluate the formula one row at a time but I would prefer to be able to set the "Ignore Error" flag on the column to suppress repeated error messages that occur.

I've not found a way to set this in JSL.  Any ideas?

Dave

-Dave
3 REPLIES 3
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Setting "ignore errors" flag on a formula column

You've probably already tried this, but just in case: maybe you can pre-catch the error, such as

If( not symmetric(x), ., rest of formula(x))

If it's any consolation, the JMP 12 beta will turn on Ignore Errors automatically when you set a problem formula via script. I tried:

Column( "X" ) << Set Formula( If( Random Uniform( 0, 1 ) < 0.5, Foo(), 1 ) );

David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks Xan

The problem is that I am saving the formula from the nonlinear platform and the error gets raised during the save message - so I don't have time to inspect the formula to test for an error condition.  I'll take another look at how it behaves in JMP 12 Beta but from memory I wasn't able to "silence" the errors.

Dave

-Dave
ram
ram
Level IV

Hi Gregg,

Could you see if you have ans to below exceptions for formula errors:

1. if it is not possible to pre catch the error. e.g my formula is a string and i will not know error untill i parse and eval the formula string.

2. when we run formula via button it does not send error to log instead it pops a window. And formula errors becomes monsters when you are creating 1000s formula columns and you get bombarded with pop error windows like spam.

Thanks for your help