cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
robot
Level VI

Set Cell Size with JSL

I am trying to create an expression column in JMP12 that will hold images grabbed from a URL.  It is possible to define the cell size (width and height) using JSL?

I have not gotten the width() property to work for an Expression column, but I find I can set the column width by first creating the column as a Character, and then changing the data type to Expression:

dt << New Column( "Image", Character, "Nominal", Width( 20 ), Formula( New Image( Open( "URL" ) ) ) );

Column( "Image" ) << Data Type( Expression );

How can I define the row height with JSL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chungwei
Staff (Retired)

Re: Set Cell Size with JSL

Cell height applies to all rows of the data table, and Display Width applies to a specific column.

dt = current data table();

w = :Height << Get Display Width;

:Height << Set Display Width( 2 * w );

ht = dt << Get Cell Height;

dt << set cell height(2*ht);

The above JSL will change the display width of height to twice its original width,

and the rows height to twice its original height.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chungwei
Staff (Retired)

Cell height applies to all rows of the data table, and Display Width applies to a specific column.

dt = current data table();

w = :Height << Get Display Width;

:Height << Set Display Width( 2 * w );

ht = dt << Get Cell Height;

dt << set cell height(2*ht);

The above JSL will change the display width of height to twice its original width,

and the rows height to twice its original height.

robot
Level VI

Thanks ChungWei.  I missed that function.

Hi Chungwei,

I used the solution to change the data table and that works. But when I make the data table into a journal the width and heights are not taken into account. Then the default height and width are used.

I use :

dt << Journal();

Do you have an idea how to do this?

Best regards,

Jeroen