cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
robot
Level VI

Set Cell Size with JSL

I am trying to create an expression column in JMP12 that will hold images grabbed from a URL.  It is possible to define the cell size (width and height) using JSL?

I have not gotten the width() property to work for an Expression column, but I find I can set the column width by first creating the column as a Character, and then changing the data type to Expression:

dt << New Column( "Image", Character, "Nominal", Width( 20 ), Formula( New Image( Open( "URL" ) ) ) );

Column( "Image" ) << Data Type( Expression );

How can I define the row height with JSL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chungwei
Staff (Retired)

Re: Set Cell Size with JSL

Cell height applies to all rows of the data table, and Display Width applies to a specific column.

dt = current data table();

w = :Height << Get Display Width;

:Height << Set Display Width( 2 * w );

ht = dt << Get Cell Height;

dt << set cell height(2*ht);

The above JSL will change the display width of height to twice its original width,

and the rows height to twice its original height.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chungwei
Staff (Retired)

Cell height applies to all rows of the data table, and Display Width applies to a specific column.

dt = current data table();

w = :Height << Get Display Width;

:Height << Set Display Width( 2 * w );

ht = dt << Get Cell Height;

dt << set cell height(2*ht);

The above JSL will change the display width of height to twice its original width,

and the rows height to twice its original height.

robot
Level VI

Thanks ChungWei.  I missed that function.

Hi Chungwei,

I used the solution to change the data table and that works. But when I make the data table into a journal the width and heights are not taken into account. Then the default height and width are used.

I use :

dt << Journal();

Do you have an idea how to do this?

Best regards,

Jeroen