cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Sending variables to builder

Hi Guys,

I am trying to use the following script to send column names to the graph builder suite but JMP is throwing an exception and quitting.
(names contains column names, I am using i as a subscript, the forum does not show it)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sending variables to builder

Anybody?
mpb
mpb
Level VII

The crashing seems to happen when graph builder gets a Y entry which doesn't exist for any reason including faulty coding. So scripting the graph builder requires some care to prevent that from happening. The example below does not have that robustness but does illustrate how to do the basic function you appear to be looking for. I got this by simplifying a different and more complex example that was posted here some time ago.

Thanks, that worked.

Now I am collecting all the column names into a list using the following:

mpb
mpb
Level VII

This seems to work. Note that in the Graph Builder command, for Y I now wrap the subscripted colnames with char. The example makes one of the columns in the fitness data have a column name which will be returned wrapped with Name() so you have both kinds of column names in the example.

Thanks, that worked.