cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SamH
Level III

Select a group of cells in a column

Hi, I have table with thousands of rows. I need to be able to select a group of cells in one column, so I could copy it into another table. for example for Column: "Test3 (VOLTS)" only I need to copy cells highlighted in yellow from row 4 thru row 18 using JSL code.

Thanks

JMP.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
txnelson
Super User

Re: Select a group of cells in a column

The point I was making in showing you the last piece of code, was that you can specify a matrix [........] of values (rows) that you can use to select the rows you want.  There are a multitude of ways to populate a matrix.  The capabilites of populating matricies are listed in

Help==Books==>Scripting Guide

Given your current code, I would probably use an Index() function.  It would make the code far more efficient.  Also, using Wait(0); will force the processing to finish the selection before moving on, rather than having to guess on how much time you need to wait.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
L = N Rows( dt ); // number of rows
//For( i = 3, i <= L, i++,
dt << Select Rows( Index( 3, L ) );
dt << Go To( :Height );
//);
Wait( 0 );
dt << Select Matching Cells();
Jim
SamH
Level III